Full Name: Gadalla Abdalla El-Hassan.
Date of Birth: 1951.
National Number: 120-676-1972-5
Present Address: University of Bakht Alruda/Eldowaim
Permanent Address: Allamab, Khartoum , Tel.0912165114
- Post- Doctorate:
1- Completed 6 months post-doctorate training with the cooperative Agricultural Extension. University of California San Diego Country (January - June 1985) doing a number of activities related to Rhizobiology namely.
- Rhizobium strain screening and evaluation.
- Inoculants production.
- Preservation of Rhizobium strains, and
- Quality control of inocullants and Rhizobium preseravation techniques.
2- Beside the above-mentioned activities. I assisted in the teaching of “Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry course, in Dennis Focht’s laboratory. Soil and Environmental Sciences Department. University of California, Riverside.
- (B)Graduate and Postgraduate Education:
- . December 1984 (graduation March 1985). Department of Soil and Enviromental Sciences. University of California, Riverside. U.S.A.
Major Field of Study: Soil Science with specialization in Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry.
Thesis Title: “Competition of cowpea Rhizobial in vitro and in soil and their effectiveness on yield parameters”.
2- M.Sc. March 1982. Department of Soil and Environmental Sciences. UCR. U.S.A. Major area: Soil Science.
Thesis Title: “use of nitrogen oxides by Cowpea Rhizobia”.
3-B.Sc. September 1976, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum, Sudan. Major Field of Study: Biochemistry and Food Science (Honors) Second Class- Division (1) (5 Years study covering courses in Agricultural Sciences with emphasis on Biochemistry and Food Science).
4-Languages of study for B.Sc, M.Sc. and Ph.D. English.
- Arabic Excellent
- English Excellent.
- Professor; Sudan University of Science andTechnology, Dec.2004.
- Associate Professor: Sudan University of Science and technology, 1997.
- Assistant Professor; Omar AL-Mukhtar University, Libya, 1993-1996.
- Lecturer: Omer Al-Mukhtar University, Libya. 1988-1993.
- Teaching Assistant (on part time job), Faculty of Agriculture, Abu-Naama College, 1978-1979.
- Assistant Research Scientist. Agricultural Research Corporation. Sudan 1976-1979. (1979-1985) Duration of Ph.D. studies).
- Research Scientist. Agricultural Research Corporation. Sudan. 1985-1988.
- Member, Technical Committee, Gezira Scheme, Sudan, 1985.
- Member, Pesticides Committee, Agricultural Research Corporation. Sudan 1986.
- Member, Cotton Wilt Committee, Agricultural Research Corporation. Sudan 1986.
- Member, Post-graduate Committee, Plant protection Department. University of Gezira. Sudan 1986.
- Member, Curricula and Syllabus Committee, Biology Department. Omer El-Mukhtar University 1990.
- Member of Curricula and Syllabus Committee for B.Sc and M.Sc. degrees (by-courses) Soil Science Department. College of Agriculture, Sudan University of Sciences and Technology. 1998.
Reviewer in the following:
- Mukhtar Journal of Sciences. University of Omer El-Mukhtar (1990-1995).
- University journal of Agricultural Sciences.
- “JOUNARS” University of Juba.
- Journal of Science and Technology Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- El-Buhuth Journal-National center for research.
- African University Journal for Science (2011).
- Sudan Academy of Science journal (2011).
Exteral Examiner for the following Candidates:-
- Sultan Hassan El Barakany M.Sc, 1998. University of Khartoum.
- Hind Mohamed S. M.Sc. 1999 University of Khartoum.
- Nada Hassan M. E. M.Sc. 1999 University of Khartoum.
- Fuad Hassan, I. H M.Sc. 1999 University of Khartoum.
- Mohamed Salih, D.M. M.Sc. 1999 University of Khartoum.
- Balsam, A. E. M.Sc. 2002 University of Khartoum.
- Somiya Sirelkhatim, M. ph.D. 2002 University of Khartoum.
- Abdalla, M. G M.Sc. 1999 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- Mahboob, G,A. M.Sc 2000 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- Reghaim, A.M. M.Sc. 2000 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- Ahmed, K. M.Sc. 2000 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- El Nur, T.E M.Sc. 2001 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- El-Min, A.M M.Sc. 2001 Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U).
- Nazar Nasr-Elddin, B. Ph.D. 2002 University of Gezira, Medani.
- Abdelrahim, Y.M. M.Sc. 2002 University of Gezira, Medani.
- Abdelhafeez, M.E. P Adam Ishag Adam, Ph.D. 2005. University of Khartoum.
- Sohair Ramadan, M.Sc. 2006. Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Wafa Bashir, M.Sc. 2006. Sudan University of Science and Technology
- Amina Ahmed Awad, M.Sc. 2006. Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Abdullah Nagib A/Rahman, M.Sc. 2006. Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Sulieman Hamad Nasir, M.SC. 2005. University of Khartoum
- Hatim Hassan Hamid, M.SC. 2005. Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Mohamed Masad Ahmed, M.SC. 2005. Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Shaza Jammal Mohd. A.Ph.D. 2001 Sudan University of Science and Technology.
- Khalid Ahmed I. Ph.D. 2003 University of Khartoum.
- Ahlam Elsammani Ahmed (Ph.D.), April 2008, University of Gezira.
- Ekhlass Mohmed Zein (Ph.D.), July 2008 University of Khartoum.
- Bulgis Suleman A/Gadir – (Ph.D.), Oct 2011 Sudan Academy of Science.
External Examiner for the following Institutions:-
- Faculty of Agriculture, University of Khartoum.
- School of Biotechnology and Molecular Biology, Microbiology Section, EL-Nielain University.
- College of Applied Science, International University of Africa (IUA), Evaluation of the Final Examinations and Graduate Projects for Final Students. 2010.
- College of Science and Technology, Department of Microbiology and Molecular Biology, Al-Nielain University. Evaluation of the Final Examinations and Graduate Projects for Final Students.2013.
Head - Chairmanship and Membership in Technical Committees and Councils:
- Chairman, Faculty Board, College of Agricultural studies, Sudan University of Science and Technology, 2004.
- Member of Environment and Desertification Committee –Scientific Research and foreign affairs centre (SRFAC) –SUST.
- Head Department, Soil and Water Sciences, Faculty of Agric. Sudan University of Science and Technology.1998.
- Chairman, Research and post-graduate studies council, Sudan University of science and Technology, 2004.
- Member, Research council, College of graduate studies, Sudan University of science and Technology, 2003.
- Member, Dean’s council - Sudan University of science and Technology, 2003.
- Chairman, Authorship and Publication Committee, Sudan University of Science & Technology, 2007.
- Chairman of University Assessment and Accreditation Committee, Sudan University of science and Technology, 2006. Khartoum, Sudan.
- Member, the university central planning committee (2007- present).
- Member, the university academic appointments committee (2007- present).
- Member, the university academic promotions committee (2007- present).
- Member, ALNeelain University Promotion Committee for Academic Staff Members, 2010.
- Member,committee of study of the impact of migration of university teaching staff on universities,Ministery of higher Education and Scientific Research, Nov.2014.
- Member, Committee for Preparation National Projects to be Financed by Regonal and Internationl Doners,Minestry of Higher Education and Scientific Research,Nov. 2014.
- Member,committee of preparation
- Deputy President, professional Association of Sudanese Higher Education Academic Staff ,2008—2013.
- Chairman, university Strategic planning committee (2008- present).
- Dean College of Agricultural studies, Sudan University of science and Tecnology, 2003-2007.
- Deputy Vice Chancellor, Sudan University of Science and Technology 2007 –2015.
- Acting Vice Chancellor, 10/12/2011 to 2/2/2012.
- Vice Chancellor ,University of Bakht Alruda,19/2/2015-till Date
Referee for Academic Promotions for Educational Institutions:
- One candidate from lecturer to Assistant Professor (2007).
- One candidate from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor (2008).
- Two candidates from Associate Professor to full Professor (2006 & 2008).
- One candidate from Associate Professor to full Professor (2008).
- The National Center for research:
- Four(4) candidate from Assistant Professor to Associate Professor (2007),(2010),(2011) and (2012).
- Sudan Academy of Science:
- One candidate to Associate Professor
- Omdurman Islamic University:
- One candidate to Associate Professor (2011).
- Alnelain University:
- One candidate to Professor ship (2011).
- Kordofan University
- One candidate to Associate Professor (2012).
Membership in Professional Organizations:
- American Society of Agronomy and Soil Science Society of America. 1982.
- Member, International Association of Agricultural Students. 1975/77.
- Member, African Association of Biological Nitrogen Fixation (AABNF) Kenya. 1987.
- Member, Sudan Agricultural Society, 1985.
- Member, Sudanese Association for combating Desertification (SACD)-2002.
- Committee member of Environment, Natural Resources, Veterinary Sciences and Agricultural Studies – Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research 2012.
- Financial Secretary of Society of Arab Colleges of Agriculture (SACA). 2003.
- Committee member of Scientific Research, Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research, 2008.
- Member, Authorship, Publishing and Translation committee, ministry of higher education and scientific research, 2012.
Courses Taught at B.Sc. Level:
- General Microbiology.
- Soil Microbiology.
- General Bacteriology.
- Instrumental Chemical Analysis (U of K).
- Microbial Metabolism (I.U.A).
- Microorganisms and Agriculture (I.U.A).
- Environmental Microbiology (I.U.A).
Courses Taught at M.S.c Level:
- Advance Soil Microbiology.
- Soil Biochemistry.
- Microbial Physiology.
Postgraduate Students Supervision:
- Mikael Yousif Faituri, M.Sc. University of Omer El Mukhtar Libya 1991.
- Ahmed A/ Rahim Elawami,, M.Sc. University of Omer El Mukhtar Libya 1995.
- Saed Osman Eltom , M.Sc. Omdurrman Islamic University. 1999.
- Mubarak Taha –, M.Sc. Sudan University of Science and Technology. (Registered 11/2001).
- Moneer Salih A/wahid,, M.Sc. Omdurman Islamic University (O.I.U) 1999.
- Elsamoal Ahmed Mohd. Ph.D. sudan university of sci. and Technology(SUST) (Co. adviser) .2011.
- Yassin Mohamed Ahmed. Ph.
- Nada M.A. M.Sc. SUST,2015.
- Sana Waleddin ,M.Sc. SUST.2015
1- Co-Investigator. “the use of N-15 in faba beans”. The project was funded by the USDA.
2- Co-Investigator. “the use of N-15 enriched urea to study extend and time course of N2 fixation by (Arachis hypogoea)”. The project was funded by LAEA.
3- Co-Investigator. “Effect of Herbicides on nodulation and Nitrogen fixation in groundnut (Arachis hypogeal)”. The project was funded by Agricutural Research Corporation. Sudan.
4- Principle investigator, “Effect of cotton recommended herbicides on Biological activity in Gezera Soil”. The Project was funded by Agricultural Research Corporation. Sudan.
5- Participated in a proposed research project about –“the use of organic fertilizer in different crops in Sudan”.
- South Kordofan Rural development programme (SKRDP) for Range management strategy study-(Soil and Land use Strategy Study) 2002. Consultancy and feasibility study centre (SUST).
- Soil analysis and evaluation. Seleit Scheme in Khartoum area for Vegetable and Crop Production (1999).
- Soil chacterization and Evaluation for “Shendi farm –5000 fed. And west Omdurman farm (10,000 fed.) –2002.
- Soil survey and land suitability assessment for Abu hamra Project. North Darfur, Fedral Ministry of Agriculture. 2006
- Soil survey and land suitability assessment for Abu Umm Bayada Project. North Darfur, Fedral Ministry of Agriculture. 2006
- Soil Survey of Kenana Project – package B. Dams Implementation Unit (DIU). 700,000 feddans. 2007
Conference and Study Visits:
1- Meeting American Society of Agronomy. Anaheim. California. U.S.A 23/11/1982.
2- Meeting American Society of Agronomy. Las Vegas. U.S.A 25-30/4/1976.
3- Seminar. International Association of Agricultural Students. Denmark. 6-15/1/1976.
4- Seminar. Egyptian Students. Alexandria.egypt, 17-20/1/1976.
5- The 6th International Symposium of BNF. Corvallis Oregon. U.S.A 4-10/8/1985.
6- The 10th North American Rhizobium Conference. Maui, Hawaii, U.S.A 11-17/8/1985.
7- Symposium on Residual effects of pesticides, fertilizers and other chemicals on Agricultural products. Khartoum, 12/10/2002.
8- Society of Arab Colleges of Agriculture Conference (SACA) - University of Ain Shams 2005. Cairo, Egypt
9- Attended Workshop on Setting Good Exams, Sudan University of science and Technology, July, 12, 2008.
10- Society of Arab Colleges of Agriculture Conference (SACA) - Mansorah University, 2006. Mansorah, Egypt
11- Society of Arab Colleges of Agriculture Conference (SACA) - Aden University, 2007. Aden, Yemen.
12- Association of Arab Universities Conference. University of science and Technology, Sana’a 2007. Yemen
13- Participated in a workshop on improving the management of quality assurance in the Arab region (Seminar of ANQAHE and DAAD) .Egypt 17-19 Oct. 2009.
14- Participated in a Workshop organized by the World Bank for Skills in Applied Science, Engineering and Technology- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia July 8-10/2013.
15- Participated in The Fifth annual conference Organized By the Arab Organization for Quality Assurance in Education(AROQA) :Implementing Quality Systems Using Innovative Technological Methods—Tunis, Tunisia, 12-13 December ,2013.
16- Participated in a Sudanese –Turkish Universities Collaboration Forum and Education Fair-jan. 12_14/2015,Khartoum- Sudan.
17- Participated in the Workshop about Strategic Planning and Management for Higher Education, organized by the Association of Arab Universities and UK Academy ,Held in Amman,Jordan,from 17th.to19th.of June 2014
18- Attending the meeting of the Association of Arab Universities at Lebanon/Beirut/March,25_26/2015
19- Participated in the 3rd. China-Arab States University Presidents Forum in Yinchuan,Ningxia,China, Sept.11-13/2015
20- Participated In Indian Forum For Higher Education In Hyderabad ,India,Nov.2015.
21- Participated in the 2nd. Turkish-Arab Congress on Higher Education, (TACHE-16) Istanbul – Turkey, April 26 – 30/2016.
22- Attended the “Turkish-African Universities Collaboration Forum and Education Fair” in Ilgaz(Turkey) 25-27May,2016.
Conference and Workshop papers:
- El Hassan, G. A. 2005. Scientific Agricultural Research in Sudan: Present and Future aspects. Society of Arab Colleges of Agriculture (SACA) Workshop. Ain Shams University, Egypt.
- El Hassan, G. A. and Doka M., E. A. 2006. Challenges and Future Aspects for Agricultural Research in East and Central Africa. African Universities Congress, Jan 2006. Khartoum, Sudan.
- El Hassan, G. A. and A/Salam, K. A 2006. Assessment and Accreditation in Higher Agricultural Education in Sudan. SACA Workshop, Nov. 2006. Mansora University, Egypt.
- Elhassan, G.A., Alzobair, Al/Salam K.A., A/Rahman I.M and Satti, M. 2009. Sudan University of Science and Technology (SUST) experience in Self Assessment and Quality Assurance. SUST/ANQAHE workshop Nov.2009 Khartoum- Sudan.
List of Publications:
1- El-Hassan.G.A., Zablotowiz, R.M and Focht.D.D. 1985 Kinetics of Denitrifying Growth by Fast-growing Cowpea Rhizobia Appl Environ Microbiol 49 (3) 517-521.
2- El-Hassan.G.A., Hernandz, B.S, and Focht, D.D. 1986. Comparison of Hup Trait and Intrinsic Antibiotic Resistance for Assessing Rhizobial Competitiveness Axenically and in Soil, App. Environ.Microbiol.51 (3)546- 551.
3- El-Hassan.G.A and Focht, D.D 1986. Comparison of Inoculants and indigenous Rhizoidal Dinitrogen Fixation in Cowpeas by direct Nitrogen-15- Analysis. SSJA 50 (4) 923-927.
4- El-Hassan.G.A, Abdulkader, M.M. and Gazalla. I.F. 1992. Distribution of Microscopes organisms in the Soil Horizon at different depths in EL-Gebel Al-Khdar Area. Mukhtar j. of Sci 1: 45-48.
5- Faitori, M.Y, El-Hassan, G.A. and EL-Mahi, Y,E. 1996. Effect of Salinity and Sodicity on bacterial plant symbiotic relationship-Mukhtar j. of Sci. 3-112-128.
6- Faituri, M.Y. El-Mahi, Y.E. and EL-Hassan. G.A. 2001. Effects of some salts and sodicity on the growth of a Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. viceae strain isolated from a salt-affected soil can. J. Microbial. 47- 807-812.
7- Abdelgani, M.E., El-Hassan, G.A and Regheim. A.M. 2003. Impact of salinity on growth and symbiotic properties of some Guar Rhizobia. J. of sci. and Technoology (in press).
8- El Hassan, G.A, Abdelgani, M.E and Eltom, S.O. 2003. Isolation and identification of Rhizobia from wild legumes in Blue Nile and Gezira States. Sudan J. of Basic sciences (SJBS) ,8:23-32.
9- El Hassan, G.A. Annual Reports (1986-1988) Agricultural Research Corporation, Gezira, Sudan.
10- A.G.Osman, Fatima ,A and Gadalla A. Elhassan (2010): Effects of Biological and Mineral Fertilization on Yield, Chemical Compoition and Physical Characteristics of Faba Bean (Vicia Faba L.) Cultivar Seleim – Pakistan Journal of Nutrition – 9(7): 703-708,.
11- Gadalla A. ELHassan, Migdam E.A., A.G. Osman, Somaya, S.M and Belgees, S.A(2010): Potential Production and Application of Biofertilizers in Sudan – Pakistan Journal of Nutrition 9 (9): 926-934,.
12-M.M.Alsamowal, M.A.Hadad and G.A.ELhassan.(2013).Effecct of Inoculation with Idigenous Mycorrhizal Isolates and mineral fertilization on the Performance of Sorghum (Sorghum vulgare) Under Greenhouse Condition in Sudan.Bioscience Research,10(2)55-59.
13-M.M. Alsamowal, M.A. Hadad and G.A. Elhassan.(2013) .Response of Groundnut Cultivars to inoculation with Indigenous AM fungi and alien Rhizobium Strain under green house conditions—Bioscience Research 10(2) 65-70.
14-Alsamowal,M.M.,M.A.Hadad and G.A.ELhassan(2016).The Effect of Local Mycorrhiza Isolated,Rhizobium and Fertilization on Zae Mays and Groundnuts plant Productivity under field condition in Sudan. International Journal of Research and Development Organization(IJRDO)(Journal of agricultural Research),Vol.2(3) 26-42.
15-Yassin, M.A.G.A.Elhassn,Alsamowal, M.M.,M.A. Hadad (2016). Effect of Organic Fertilizer application rate and Azospirillium brasilense inoculums level on growth and growth components of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L) International Journal of Research and Development Organization (IJRDO) (Journal of Agriculural Research). Vol 2 (4) pp.52 – 62.
1- Agronomy Abstract, 1982.
2- Agronomy Abstract, 1984.
3- BNF Symposium Abstract 1985.
4- 10th North American Conference. 1985.
List of Books
Translation (from English to Arabic):
1- Laboratory Instruction in Microbiology, Dean Anderson 1992.
2- Basic Micortechnique; Peter Gray 1994.
3- Methods in Soil, Water and Plant Analysis, Chapman and Pratt 1996.
4- Semi-Arid Lands and Deserts- Soil Resources and Reclamation, SKujins (ed) 1996 (two volumes).
1- Human pathogenic bacteria (1999).
2- Introduction to General Microbiology, volume 1 and 2, 1999.