College of Agriculture and Natural Resources
Department of Horticulture Science
Department of Horticulture science is the main and important sections at the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources at the University of BakhtAlruda, has created a section in the year 2000, by the decision of Mr. manager after a recommendation of the Faculty Council , the department has get students from the second batch faculty.
Department objective :
1. The provision of quality education in the field of orchard science for college students and raise their level consistent with the content of quality in higher education.
2. Preparation of qualified and capable staff of using science and technology to make aorchard development in the region.
3. Training of cadres working in the field of orchard science and give training opportunities for a wide range of community programs with specific goals.
4. activation of scientific research in the field of orchard science to promote orchard production in the region and finding solutions to existing solution of the problems in the region.
5. The extension of the deployment of orchards knowledge and technology orchard production between students and university workers and citizens in the region and activating the participation of rural communities in this side.
6. Contribute to provide job opportunities for department graduation in different areas of orchards (establishment of nurseries, protected agriculture ... etc) in collaboration with the employment of university graduate programs.
1. Preparation and qualification and training of department teachers in the disciplines of various orchard science till contribute to the provision of quality education for college students
.2. makes training courses and seminars regularly in the disciplines of various orchard science, drawing on professors with experience and rare specialties in the field of orchard science from universities and other research centers in order to benefit from their experience in the rehabilitation and preparation of cadres in the area of orchards in the framework of the preparation of agricultural qualified cadre in this side.
3. activate the Post graduate programs of research and courses and supplementary research in the disciplines of various orchard sciences (vegetable production, fruit production, medicinal and aromatic plants, ornamental plants, design and landscaping, plant tissue culture) in order to provide opportunities for rehabilitation for graduates of orchard science at the department
1. research programs in the areas of production of vegetables, fruits and ornamental plants, medicinal and aromatic plants .
2.Introduced the culture of the production of vegetables and ornamental plants in greenhouses and to contribute to the provision of these crops in the region.
3. Establish and rehabilitation of nurseries to produce seedlings and ornamental fruit at the local and state level.
4. create links and research relations and academic with research institutions and agricultural projects in the state (Ministry of state of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Agricultural Institution , Kenana Sugar Company, Assalaya Sugar and White Nile Sugar) as part of an upgrade orchard production in the state and find solutions to the problems of orchard production based in the region.
Graduate Students in the department :
The department Absorb students since the second installment at University, and during this period the department graduation of 94 students are as follows:
|number||batch||Number of graduate students|